The European University Alliance for Global Health – Transformation through Joint Research and Innovation Action (EUGLOHRIA)
Addressing Global Health challenges, such as the current pandemic, requires coordinated efforts based on robust collaboration and grounded common purposes. Following this premise, the European University Alliance for Global Health (EUGLOH) has already set a prosperous precedent in establishing a network focused on education and training in Global Health at European level. The Alliance has also provided fertile ground for the formulation of further joint endeavours in the broad spectrum of Global Health topics and issues, ground from which EUGLOHRIA has emerged.
Financed by the European Commission for the next three years under the "Science with and for Society" call within the Horizon 2020 Program, EUGLOHRIA consolidates the Alliance's efforts and achievements towards establishing a European University around Global Health by broadening its scope to include the "Research and Innovation" dimension. Building upon EUGLOH's accomplishments in education and training on Global Health, EUGLOHRIA broadly expands EUGLOH's reach, incorporating cutting-edge research and situating the Alliance as a strategic partner within highly dynamic innovation ecosystems.
Setting in motion ambitious institutional transformations
EUGLOHRIA aims to establish a world-class higher education, research, and innovation alliance to address current adequately and future Global Health challenges. EUGLOHRIA pursues following objectives:
- Consolidate synergies within EUGLOH's joint strategy by developing a Research and Innovation agenda.
- Enhance the excellence and visibility of the Alliance across the different dimensions of education, research, innovation and societal development.
- Pave the way to develop an innovative agenda of institutional transformation aiming to impact future similar cross-sectoral endeavours.
- Contribute to securing the influence and significance of the Alliance's long-term plan to set the foundation of a common European health area.
- Contribute to tackling Global Health challenges generating adequate conditions for the sustainable development of the "Research and Innovation" dimension.
- Provide best practice models of transnational and cross-sectoral institutional cooperation for future European programs and projects.
To secure the realisation of EUGLOHRIA's objectives, the coordinated actions within the Alliance will revolve around following transformational modules:
Joint Research & Innovation Agenda
Developing a common research and innovation agenda in Global Health, focusing on global health crises.
Sharing Infrastructures & Resources
Developing a joint action plan to share research infrastructures and resources related to Global Health.
Promoting Academia-Business Cooperation
Developing and deploying joint strategies to reinforce the societal and economic impact of Global Health by promoting academia-business cooperation.
Here you can watch a video about EUGLOHRIA: